Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Legal Action

Checking in for the big test...
I have my first official teenage driver in the family now. My girl passed her driving test first try.

We spent the 4th of July holiday driving around town and the DMV. We even practiced parking at the section marked for 'driving test students'. We made 3 different trips to the area and made sure she knew all the speed limits and left turn yeild signals. And on the way to take the test we were blessed to have a firetruck approach so she even got to practice pulling over to the side of the road for it to pass. As she departed for her test she ran over the curb (her signature move) and then wouldn't you know it, but an ambulance came down the road. She was able to pull over without complete panic thanks to our experience that morning. She returned only 10 minutes later and I waited to see if she gave me the thumbs up sign. Yeah!!!!! Thumbs up! I am thankful that is over. But still scared to send her off alone in the world.

Ready to begin test and drive away..
And even more good news. .. We have decided on a name for this new car of ours. We are naming him "Carlos" in honor of the nice instructor who gave her a passing grade.

1 comment:

Leslie B said...

Yahoo for your teenage driver!!! I can only imagine the great possibilities this brings...#1 no more early morning seminary drives for you!

That is really so exciting. I can't even imagine the panic, though, associated with sending your baby off in a car by herself. I sure hope Carlos treats her well.