Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Monday, August 8, 2011

Miles and miles

I accomplished something this last week. It may seem so incidental to everyone else but me. I drove 1,500 miles to Utah and back by myself. I seriously didn't know how my leg would handle it. But I did it and it was one thing to check off my list of things to prove to myself that I could do again.
My husband and my oldest son went to Philmont scout ranch in New Mexico for 2 weeks. So I packed up the rest of the kids and my mom and we went on an adventure. We packed in so much pioneer history sites and made the trip back to BYU to reminice and see the campus. The weather was hot but I had some great hair days. My crazy new curls straightened out a bit. That was a nice change. We made it back yesterday and got unpacked in time to welcome home the boys today. My sweet son greeted my with a hug and "Hey mom, smell this.." as he lifted his sleve open for me to smell his armpit. I suppose I was supposed to say,
'I am proud of you. You smell really bad. Good job.' ???? Anyway, I have many things I learned on this trip and will write my profound thoughts in later posts.

1 comment:

Leslie B said...

Yea for you!!!! I think you should have just thrown that smelly kid in your neighbor's pool for that one.