Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Thursday, September 1, 2011

We are Warriors

I was so fortunate to have all my  oncology and chemo care through a medical office in the same city in which I live. I am frequently in that same building going to the primary care doctor for the children or using the pharmacy. I have passed by the Chemo Suite many times in the past few months and I finally stopped in to say hello to my chemo nurses..aka. chemo angels. I know they didn't recognize me at first. I said, "Do I need to be in a wheelchair with a hat on for you to recognize me?" I got hugs all around and had a fun time showing of my new leg. While I was there one of the nurses told me that she recomended me for a new program they were starting that would have a "veteran" patient volunteer once a week to be in the chemo suite to answer questions and be a buddy for the new patients. I have gone through all the training classes and am going to start next week. This will be a great opportunity to encourage other chemo warriors on their fight to live.

3 comments:

Leslie B said...

Kari, that is so cool!!!! You will be awesome as a "veteran" patient volunteer. You always have such a positive outlook on things. I tell ya, the world needs more people like you.

katie said...

That is a really nice thing to do. They will be lucky to have you! I'd want someone like you cheering me on and encouraging me through that kind of battle.

Kimberly said...

You'll be such a blessing.