Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Leg Day!

Happy Leg day to me!! I couldn't think of anything creative to call my amputation anniversary. It is hard to believe that I was waking up from surgery right about now one year ago.

My kids leave the house in shifts in the morning. Two of them leave at 6am, one more and a husband leave at 7am, another one at 7:30 and the last at 8:30. I try to be up to say goodbye for each round as they leave in the morning and I was happy to hear a few, "Happy Leg day mom!"
When I took the last round of kids to school I found a sweet card on the seat of my car from that husband of mine. It sure was a team effort the past year. I couldn't have survived it alone. After all the kids were off, I headed down to my surgeons office to deliver a card and small gift thanking her for the great work she did cutting me up and stitching me back together. Then I had lunch with my mom. It was seriously like being the birthday girl. The kids thought it was a great idea to have a cake and sing to me. That husband of mine had stopped by the store to get some chicken 'legs' to eat for dinner only he thought the buffalo style wings looked more appetizing. We just pretended they were legs. It was a funny and thoughtful gesture on his part. So, that sums up my great day!!
I love my new leg! I love walking! I love being alive!

1 comment:

Leslie B said...

You have such a great family!! What a way to "celebrate"!