Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Muy Bueno

Southern Callifornia has many beautiful reasons for living here. For most people, the Beach is probably top on that list. For those of us who are native to San Diego, I would have to argue that Carne Asada is top on the list.
We have great Mexican food here and many of the local dives are open 24 hours. As a teenager my friends and I would stop for a 6 am machaca burrito instead of donuts or bagels. Well, my teenage daughter is now keen to this luxury of deliciousness when she is up late working on homework. Once it gets past 11pm she feels the need to say, "Mom, we need some carne asada fries." Now I can't reward her with a mound of mexican goodness everytime she is up late, but once in a while when stress is high we will make a midnight run. My teenage son was up late working on a project. First time he had been up past 10pm doing schoolwork. He was very tired and grumpy. I questioned, "Would carne asada fries help this situation and you will stop complaining?" It worked like magic.


2 comments:

Leslie B said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!! (Of the beach, too!)

suzanne said...

so where is your favorite place for carne asada fries that is open that late?!?!
(I may have to meet you there sometime!!)