Next great news is that the Doctor said I could be finished with drug #2. The one called "Red Devil" because of all it's nasty side effects. It is the one I have to wear with me for 72 hrs. as it infuses. So Yesterday I said goodbye and I never have to have that drug again!
And still more good news... The nurses talked to my doctor before I got to chemo yesterday and since I don't need the constant IV line for that drug, he agreed to pull my PICC line out! They were so excited to tell me because they know it is another thing to cross off my list. So I have to post pictures of this awesome moment. The PICC line goes in through my upper arm and around to my my heart. Here is a picture of how long it was.
![]() |
| PICC line in my arm |
![]() |
| It's out!! Look how long it was. yuck. |


4 comments:
Yippee!! Yippee!! Yippee!! That is so awesome! And I can not believe you had that long thing in you for so long!!! You need to go celebrate!
So...did the nurse think it was funny that you took a picture of it?
What great news, Kari. You certainly deserve a good turn of events after so many challenges. We're proud of you and think of you and pray for you every day! Love, Uncle Gordon and Aunt Betty
Don't forget to earn a bead for that accomplishment!!
Lori, that was just what I was thinking as I was reading Kari's blog post above. Two beads, doncha think? One for kickin the ole Red Devil out the door on his butt and one for saying c'ya to the snake in her heart?
Post a Comment