Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sores galore.

I have been in an awful state the past couple of days. My mouth sores are back and I waited a little too long until I started using my 'magic mouth wash'. Well after a day of using the swish my mouth was actually getting worse. Yesterday morning I woke up with blisters and sores EVERYWHERE in my mouth. I checked the bottle of swish and discovered it expired a month ago. Well, I got a refill as quick as I could and the pharmasist told me it is only good for 2 weeks. Oops. I should have checked that sooner. I am almost two days using the new mouth wash and am still in so much pain every few hours I break out in a crying session because it hurts so bad. The pain is incredible. These have been the worst two days!
Then, These are the days I usually end up in the hospital because I have gotten a fever from some germ floating around. I thought I was doomed to another stay after Ben came home from school Wednesday with a mild fever and congestion. Kenneth and my mom adjusted their work schedules so they could take morning and afternoon shifts the past 2 days staying with him while I stayed confined upstairs. Kenneth got the same cold and has been sleeping on the couch for more days than I can count. It is now Friday night and I am still fever free. This would be the biggest party for me except for how much pain my mouth has been. Goodness Sakes! Even good news comes with a price I guess. I just keep saying over and over that I am home and not in the hospital. Today was a day off from school and my sweet kids took shifts watching Ben so I could have one more day isolated. It is exhausting isolating yourself from the people you love and emotional too.

1 comment:

Leslie B said...

I bet some ice cream would be good for you. My honey's had sores in his mouth before...probably not nearly as extensive as yours...but he said they really hurt and he used that magic mouthwash as well. I'm so happy you're otherwise "well." You have such a great family out there taking care of you and each other.