Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Friday, February 18, 2011

The end and a new beginning

I should be used to disappointment by now. Actually I am. I am of the "Hope for the best but expect the worst" theory. Here is my newest disappointment... I was supposed to get my leg yesterday. My prosthetisist said he would try to have it ready before my last round of chemo. Imagine my surprise when I got a call Wednesday to make an appointment to get it. It was really going to happen! When I called the office, my leg was indeed ready BUT my prostetisist was out of the office until Tuesday. Are you kidding me?!! And to make it even better, they were booked until next Thursday. After my disappointment finally wore down I started thinking. It has now been 18 weeks without my leg. Did I ever in a million years think it would drag out this long? And then to have my leg ready for my last day of chemo. It could actually be a monumental day. It will be a day to put an end to this cancer chapter and it will be the first day of my life with my new leg. A new beginning! I could not have planned it any better. It will be a day I will never forget!

3 comments:

Leslie B said...

Seriously?! How exciting for you...the first day is coming soon!

Jan said...

You always know how to put a silver lining on it, Kari. Bob wanted to punch the guy for being gone and unavailable when your leg was born again. Gonna have to have a birthday party!

janyce said...

Love you miss Kari <3