One other name I like to call my stumpy leg is my 'lucky fin'. Think Finding Nemo.
That brings me to what I did today. I went swimming!!!
Our spring break started on Thursday. And we got up bright and early to leave the house because we were having the house tented for termites. We have been staying in a hotel and enjoying the pool. Today I decided to swim with the kids while Kenneth was at work. I wasn't quite sure how I would do this. It turned out that it wasn't that bad. Thankfully there was only one other person at the pool. I sat on a lounge chair and took my leg off. Then I had one of the kids steady me as I hopped a few steps to the pool edge. Easy right? Well almost. After I got in I realized I still had to stand on one foot because I was helping Ben splash around. I only lost my footing once and thought that Ben and I were both going under. Thankfully we didn't.
As we swam Courtney told me of the two women she saw at the beach yesterday who were both without hair and just 'Embracing it'. So a few minutes after getting in I left my hat and my pride on the side of the pool and after handing Ben off to one of the boys, I swam over to her and said, "I'll embrace it".
![]() |
| Me before 'Embracing it'. Loved being able to swim again! |
'

1 comment:
What a fun day! And I just love the little "Courtney at the beach yesterday" like it's really no big deal...so jealous!!! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment