Salsa!!
Salsa is a staple food at our house. I have one child who is completely an addict. I think I have tried every store brand ever made and finally decided that homemade is still the best. I searched for a good recipe online and finally found a winner. Yesterday, that same child needed his salsa fix so I made a batch. As I was making a second batch tonight I decided I wanted to share it with anyone who also experiences our same addiction. Try this..
--I put it all in the food processor and pulse it just a few times and there you go. --
*1 small onion
*1 jalepeno (take the seeds out!)
*2 cloves garlic
*Handful of cilantro (maybe 1/3 of the bunch)- don't use stems. They are bitter
*2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
*1 Large can stewed tomatoes
*1 lime juice
*1/2 tsp salt
It is a bit spicy but a happy kind of spice. Muy Bueno!!!
1 comment:
I'm curious to know which of your boys is the salsa addict. I thought for sure at first it was your second daughter. Heather also has a great recipe. Maybe someday I will make my own salsa, but now I'm afraid of those jalapeno seeds or the cilantro stems.
Do you know what I've been craving? Tacos! My friend makes awesome ones with cilantro and lime squeezed on top...oh so good. This salsa recipe reminded me of that.
Post a Comment