The first day is not so bad. I went in with enthusiasm, ready to get it done. But I know I will feel progressively worse until Friday. I started a good book this time. I like to read suspense or mystery novels. All my friends read historical type fiction. It is too depressing to me to read about real life hardships like war or death or abuse and stuff. So I am stuck. I can't read my murder mysteries because it is too much to handle. Not soothing enough. But I don't want to read the historical stuff and be saddened by how bad life can be. I'm living my own sadness right now. So what do I read? I'm open to suggestions. A friend of mine dropped a book off last night called "The Help". I started reading it today and got through hundred pages. I like it so far. I am told that it won't have a big ''bomb' drop at the end that all the characters die or something. I know I will do lots of crying along with it. I cry alot during these days of chemo. Everything hurts and I get so weak I can hardly move. Day and nights seem endless. I feel like this round my kids have figured out my cycle and they are adapting to it easier. They are a blessing.
Oh, I went yesterday to see my prosthetic doc to finally get measured. And wouldn't you know it, my leg was swollen. What?? Then I remembered the night before I got up off the couch and put my invisible foot down and banged my stubby leg kinda hard. Maybe it swelled. So I have to wait a few days to see if the swelling goes down. What a disappointment! Tomorrow makes 3 months without a leg. I really miss my leg. A lot.
7 comments:
Something positive....I sent you a small package in the mail today!! I hope that brightens your day when you get it! This week will come and go. You can do it, Kari! Hang in there. We're always thinking of you and praying for you and your family. We love you!
I just read The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe. I liked it. Today I read...I mean listened to...Prince Caspian. My honey gave me the Chronicles of Narnia on cd for Christmas. Sorry, I can't be of much help. My favorite is the historical fiction. You should check out Amber's goodreads list and see what she has.
Your kids are a blessing! Love you guys!!!
Love you miss Kari,I will look for some books to drop by, you are AWESOME <3 :)
You'll love The Help. Also try Life of Pi.
Kari! I'm so glad I got to see you for a second when I was home for the holidays. I LOVE that you have a blog. My boss just gave me the help two days ago to read and I love it so far! We'll have to have a chat about it when we both finish it! I'll ask the mom that I work for if she has any good books to suggest because I think you two kind of have the same taste in literature...
Hi Kari, I think you will like The Help too. Have you read anything by Anita Stansfield (LDS author)? The Barrington Family Saga is really good. I got my Mom the first 2 books in the series for Christmas, and I'm sure she will let you borrow them if you want to read them. The Jayson Woolf series, by the same author is good too. You are in my thoughts and prayers always : )
MYTH: If you cry a lot, you're probably approaching a nervous breakdown.
REALITY: Tears are mature's pressure valves; crying discharges tensions and restores balance in the body.
I learned to love and welcome my tears. They felt good when I was done.
Love you Kari. Xo <3 oX
Post a Comment