 |
| candy cane juice flowing through my veins |
I got to chemo fired up to start. The first day is not so bad. I read lots of People magazines and other good news mags. And before I knew it I was finished. It took about 6 hours today. As I left the nurse hooked me up to my portable infusion pump to start drug 2. This drug is nicknamed 'Red Devil' because it is the one that makes you lose your hair, get mouth sores, headaches, fatigue, etc. Last round I freaked out having to carry it with me for 72 hours knowing I was getting that Red Devil poisoning. By the way, it goes in your body red and comes out of you red for like 5 days. Not a pleasant reminder. So today at chemo I decided to rename it something less evil and scary so I wouldn't be afraid of what it was doing inside of me. I named it Candy Cane Juice. How can I worry about it now. It sounds so delightful!
1 comment:
Kari,
Visualize what it is doing to those cancer cells in your body. The rest is "collateral damage" and a necessary evil, unfortunately, with an emphasis on necessary. When you are feeling fatigued, or look in the mirror and see no hair, or your mouth is raw, try to remind yourself at those time that those are signs, *real* signs that the *medicine,* the chemo is doing it's job at killing cancer cells. It's just kind of non-specific and taking out some of the "friendlies" in the process.
xoxoxo
Jan
Post a Comment