So, I got my cast off 2 weeks after surgery. I was only suppose to be without a foot for 3 weeks while the swelling went down. But lucky me got an infection in my wound and the surgeon opened one side of it to let it drain. I am now approaching 2 months and that darn wound won't finish healing. 3 weeks ago the doctor ordered a wound vacuum to be put on to speed up the healing. We couldn't postpone chemo anymore while we wait for it to heal (chemo slows down the body's ability to heal itself). So now I get to hop, (or crawl which is faster and easier) around the house while wearing my vacuum around like an over the shoulder purse. I'm sure you all want to see a picture of it. A sponge is put in the wound. Then a suction tube leads from that into the vacuum. I call it my Shop Vac.
![]() |
| Not your average vacuum.. |

No comments:
Post a Comment