Can't stop me now..

Can't stop me now..

Sunday, December 26, 2010

We made it through Christmas..

We made it through Christmas and it was even better than I hoped for. The older kids sure pitched in to help it be a good memory for the younger ones. We do our big celebrating Christmas Eve night. Going into this round of chemo I was very worried, and quite frankly sad that my worst day would be Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Talk about adding the guilt on to a mom when she can't even take care of herself, let alone all the traditions and making memories that go along with Christmas. But thankfully I was able to be involved in Christmas this year. I tired by 7pm and went to bed while Kenneth was busy till the wee hours of the night making everything as perfect as he could. I was amazed at how well he did both our jobs.You know how many of us women secretly dream that our husbands could walk in our shoes for like a week and see how much we really do for the kids and the household that goes completely unnoticed? Well my husband has filled my shoes for 2 months and has 2 more to go. And he has done it with patience and compassion. I continue to be amazed by him. I won't wish anymore secret hardships on him in the future

2 comments:

Leslie B said...

You have a great man! I asked him when I could come out to help and he said he's okay. What a great guy to step up to the plate like he has. Let me know if you want me to come out though! We're more than willing to do what it takes to get me there for a week or so!

Unknown said...

Kenneth is an amazing man-he has always lived close to his Heavenly Father. When he was young he was very compassionate and kind to everyone. He was very sensitive to the needs of others. He is one in a million. You guys are a GREAT team! Synergy at work.