Let's get caught up to speed on my doings with cancer. In May I discovered a bump on the top of my foot. I already had suffered from nerve pain for many years in that exact spot on my foot. But this bump was making it unbearable. I saw my primary care doctor in May and was shuffled to the wrong departments until September, when a podiatrist did an MRI. He figured it was a cyst but did the MRI to be sure it wasn't a rare form of cancer. I got a call on my cell phone when I was in the middle of Walmart of all places. The doctor said it looked suspicious and a biopsy would be needed to rule out cancer. Well within 2 weeks I had the biopsy and a week later I got the call, at home this time, that I had a Synovial Sarcoma. CANCER!
Although I suspected it was cancer, I still cried. You are never prepared to hear that.
So 4 days later, my foot came off.
And 8 weeks later I started chemotherapy.
But how about I post some cool pictures.
![]() |
| Here is what I woke up to after amputation surgery |

No comments:
Post a Comment