A friend of mine told me of the idea how some people with cancer start a bracelet to basically countdown through the chemo process. The idea is you start with an empty bracelet and then earn beads to represent each milestone. So my sweet mom found a bracelet much like the picture and has started me filling the bracelet up. I got one bead for my foot amputation, one for the shop vac ordeal, one for having the PICC line placed, one for losing my hair and then one for my first round of chemo. I have 4 more beads waiting for the remaining chemo treatments. I love the idea and when I'm all done, I will have something tangible to see what I accomplished.

2 comments:
That bracelet is such a great idea!!! Love it!
What about beads for the life-changing events of discovering you had cancer and then telling the kids?
Post a Comment